The Luth-AR Modular Buttstock Assembly (MBA) for AR style carbines is designed to replace the standard buttstock on your AR. The MBA-3 is designed to work with a 6-position Mil-Spec or Commercial buffer tube. The MBA-3 features a 3-Axis Buttplate with Length-of-Pull adjustment as well as height and lateral adjustments, and an adjustable cheek rise in a low-cost, lightweight, strong and high-quality design. The MBA-3 also features an anti-rattle set screw. The modular design of the MBA Buttstock allows you to configure your buttstock to your specific and personal needs. Includes a rail attachment for attaching a monopod. The MBA features multiple attachment points for a sling, including molded pockets that will accept Grovtec QD cups, sold separately.
MBA-3 Carbine Buttstock
2 in stock
2 in stock
- Fully Adjustable Carbine Buttstock assembly to mount to a carbine rifle (6-positions mil-spec or commercial tube) – carbine stock
- Additional 1″ height on cheek rest
- 3-axis Adjustable Butt Plate Assembly extends additional 1 1/16″ length of pull and includes the following movement:
- Horizontal for linear adjustment (i.e. length of pull)
- Vertical for a perfect butt plate fit into the curvature of the shoulder.
- Lateral adjustment for a ½ inch left or right cast
- This butt plate assembly is interchangeable with the original MBA-1 Buttstock
- Includes a Picatinny Rail on the bottom rear of the Stock Body to attach your choice of many accessories.
- Designed a flat bottom index set screw (10-24) to eliminate that constant rattle of carbine collapsible buttstock. This also allows you to secure the stock in your favorite position.
- The MBA-3 comes with a medium soft rubber recoil pad, Duro 85.
- The Luth-AR MBA-3 weighs roughly half that of comparable stocks coming in at just 18.5 ounces.
- Fits all .223 and .308 AR carbine style rifles
- Super Strong Glass Filled Nylon
- Easy to replace and quick to install
- Uses 4 out of the 6 positions on a mil-spec or commercial tube
- Adapts To Existing Commercial and Mil-Spec Buffer Tubes
- Certain after Market Commercial Buffer Tubes that exceed 1.172″ diameter, may not fit
- The MBA-3 and MBA-4 are available in Black or Flat Dark Earth
- The vertical struts for the MBA-3 are fixed, therefore the cheek piece is not reversible like the MBA-1 however the cheek piece itself is designed with a cheek pad for left-handed use
- Caution: the MBA-3 and MBA-4 Carbine buttstocks are not designed to be used with Large Bore Calibers such as .338 Lapua or .50 BMG applications.
- The MBA-3 Carbine buttstock is NOT interchangeable with A2 standard buffer tube. You will need to purchase a MBA-1 or MBA-2 Rifle buttstock to fit A2 tubes
Compatible Buffer Assemblies:
- .223 Mil-Spec Carbine Buffer Assembly
- .223 Commercial Carbine Buffer Assembly
- .308 Mil-Spec Carbine Buffer Assembly
- .308 Commercial Carbine Buffer Assembly
The MBA-3 does not include the following accessories, they can be purchased separately:
- Sling Swivels (Side or Rear)
- Carbine Buffer tube
- Carbine Buffer Body
- Carbine Buffer Spring
- Latch Plate
- Lock Ring
- When tightening the anti-rattle set screw, be careful not to over tighten as the threaded insert may separate from the plastic stock body
When sliding the buttstock onto a 6-position buffer tube, the lock pin has a notch in the head of the lock pin that must line up with a tab on the stock body. Once the slot and tab are lined up, the pin can be fully retracted allowing the buttstock to slide onto the tube. The MBA-3 should slide easily without resistance. If there is any resistance, the lock pin is not fully retracted.
Luth-AR Note on Savage Rifles:
The MBA-3 is designed to fit standard Mil-Spec and Commercial Tubes. Some Savage tubes have been found to be oversized making our stock fit very tightly. Please note that you may need to simply purchase a standard carbine tube in order for this to pair correctly. Note: Customers have reported that the MBA-3 or MBA-4 fit the buffer tube that comes on the new model 110 BA Stealth. If you have the older model 110 BA you may have to simply change the buffer tube.